Build a culture of leadership
Strong leadership is core to successful shared governance. Effective leaders use the structures of shared governance to build a culture of excellence, where nurses have accountability and responsibility for nursing care.
- Decision making skills in professional practice environments
- Engagement strategies for professional accountability
- Transformational leadership skills
- Two day conference with interactive learning
- Breakout sessions designed for nurses in a variety of leadership roles in shared governance
- Poster sessions from past conference participants
- Networking opportunities with other nurses in shared governance leadership roles
Participants will leave equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively lead in shared governance and will recognize the influence they can have to create an environment that engages others in having accountability and responsibility for nursing care.
Who Should Participate
This workshop is for individuals and teams with leadership roles in shared governance-from the chair of a unit council to the CNO of the organization. Groups from the same organization, including interprofessional colleagues, will benefit from attending this interactive workshop together.
Continuing Education Contact Hours
The program offers attendees the opportunity to earn up to 14 continuing education credits.
The American Organization for Nursing Leadership is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
We are approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 15740.
Contact Shanna Sweeney for questions or if you are interested in future courses.