Leadership and management skills are critical for new nurse managers. This new program—uniquely designed on AONL’s rich knowledge of nurse manager competencies—will build your confidence to transform into a highly successful leader.
Learn at your own pace through realistic scenarios based on the experience of nurse leaders facing today’s challenges. Through this customizable and comprehensive online learning experience, gain actionable steps how to:
Establish your identity
Discover the nurse manager identities that provide a frame for your role as a manager, from caring advocate to responsible steward.
Lead your team
Develop the skills to inspire your team toward a shared vision and to empower their efforts to provide quality and safe patient care.
Own your role
Become intentional with how you approach your responsibilities and integrate best practices early.
Run your business
Learn how to manage staffing and budgets and work with data to lead your team to achieve successful patient outcomes.
Not sure where to start your journey? Let our innovative program design guide you through realizing your full potential as a nurse manager.
- A robust online leadership development program for new and aspiring nurse managers looking to cultivate leadership and management skills
- On-demand course designed to flex with your schedule
- Evidence-based content developed by expert faculty that serve in nursing leadership roles
- Scenario-based learning based on real challenges faced by new managers
- Interactive content to check your knowledge
- References for deeper study
- Growth planner that corresponds to each section
- Guides you in personal reflection, practice and application of key ideas and skills in your own work
- Includes tools, practical resources and strategies for growth
- This downloadable document also serves as a program guide for a preceptor, mentor or supervisor for the new manager
This program is intended for new nurse managers or aspiring nurse leaders who want to gain solid foundational knowledge and build skills in leadership and management.
- Build confidence to transfer new skills into practice on the job
- Develop strategic thinking and effective communication skills
- Become an influential leader and team advocate
- Analyze budgets and leverage data to meet or exceed established outcomes
- Create a strategic growth plan to continue to build your skills
The American Organization for Nursing Leadership is accredited with distinction as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. AONL is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 15740.
AONL complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and strives to ensure that no individual with a disability is deprived of the opportunity to participate in this program solely by reason of that disability. Through its agents, AONL will provide reasonable accommodations for a candidate with a disability who requests accommodations. Contact Shanna Sweeney for questions.