Effective onboarding retains new nurse managers. As your new leaders advance in their leadership journey—let AONL show them the way forward.
Utilizing the Transition to Nurse Manager Practice On-Demand course as a foundation, AONL’s Facilitated program offers a supportive community of nurse managers to navigate together building new leadership skills. Participants will meet virtually to discuss key topics, share experiences and learn from each other as they incorporate key concepts into their leadership practice.
Led by an experienced AONL nurse leader facilitator, participants will meet virtually once a month during a five-month period for a deeper dive into on-demand content and application. Nurse managers will complete the program with confidence, equipped to meet challenges inherent in their new role, and excel as a new manager.
Establish your identity
Discover the nurse manager identities that provide a frame for your role as a manager, from caring advocate to responsible steward.
Lead your team
Develop the skills to inspire your team toward a shared vision and to empower their efforts to provide quality and safe patient care.
Own your role
Become intentional with how you approach your responsibilities and integrate best practices early.
Run your business
Learn how to manage staffing and budgets and work with data to lead your team to achieve successful patient outcomes.
Experience a demonstration of the course with this on-demand webinar, Transition to Nurse Manager Practice Informational Webinar.
- A robust leadership development program for new and aspiring nurse managers looking to cultivate leadership and management skills
- Full day facilitator-led sessions meet virtually once a month during a five-month period
- Networking with peers from across the nation to gain ongoing support
- On-demand course designed to flex with your schedule
- Evidence-based content developed by expert faculty that serve in nursing leadership roles
- Scenario-based learning based on real challenges faced by new managers
- Interactive content to check your knowledge
- References for deeper study
- Growth planner that corresponds to each section
- Guides you in personal reflection, practice and application of key ideas and skills in your own work
- Includes tools, practical resources and strategies for growth
- Companion guide with course outline for a preceptor, mentor or supervisor for the new manager
This program is intended for new nurse managers or aspiring nurse leaders who want to gain solid foundational knowledge and build skills in leadership and management.
- Build confidence to transfer new skills into practice on the job
- Develop effective communication skills and collaborative relationships
- Become an influential leader and team advocate
- Gain knowledge to effectively analyze data, manage resources and interpret budgets
- Create a strategic growth plan to continue to build your skills
- Strengthen competencies to be successful in the nurse manager role
AONL complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and strives to ensure that no individual with a disability is deprived of the opportunity to participate in the program solely by reason of that disability. Through its agents, AONL will provide reasonable accommodations for a candidate with a disability who requests accommodations. Requests can be made by sending a written request 21 days in advance of the program. Contact AONL Education for questions.
A refund minus 20% will be granted to written requests received 14 days or more prior to the start date of the program. Cancellations must be submitted in writing via email to AONL Education. No refunds will be granted after that date. No refunds will be granted for no-shows. Registrants unable to attend may send a substitute. If the substitute is not an AONL member, the nonmember differential must be paid in advance or onsite. All fees are transferable to the substitute less a $25 transfer fee.
Interested in having your organization become an approved provider of the Transition to Nurse Manager Practice: Facilitated Program? AONL offers training and resources to equip facilitators to lead this program in their own organization. Please contact Mikayla Stein for further details.
ACCREDITATION STATEMENT AND NURSING CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT CREDIT
The American Organization for Nursing Leadership (AONL) is accredited with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. The program offers attendees the opportunity to earn up to 50 contact hours.
AONL is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number 15740.