The Young Professional Voices program recognizes nurse leaders who exhibit significant potential as a health care leader and demonstrates exemplary leadership within their organization, community and the nursing profession. Young Professional Voices is inclusive of nurses at all levels, titles and organizational settings.
Individuals selected to be recognized through the Young Professional Voices program will:
- Receive one year of AONL membership
- Be recognized in AONL print and digital publications and at the AONL Annual Meeting
- Serve a one-year term on the Young Professional Voices task force to provide feedback and guidance on how AONL can continue to engage young professional nurse leaders.
Any AONL member may nominate a candidate for the award by completing an online nomination form, including supporting documentation by the submission deadline, June 17, 2019. When nominating an individual, you will be asked to answer the following questions with regards to your nominee’s experience and potential. Please include a description of the activity and associated outcomes. The maximum length for each answer is 200 words.
In addition to the nomination questions, applications must include the nominee’s CV. The submission deadline is June 17, 2019. All nominators and nominees will be informed of the results in July 2019.
Young Professional Voices is inclusive of nurses at all levels, titles and organizational settings. Examples include clinical, quality, education, safety, academic and practice based settings.
- Any nurse leader either in a formal or informal nursing leadership role.
- Has demonstrated exemplary leadership within their organization, community and the nursing profession.
- Exhibits significant potential as a future health care leader and role model.
- Will be less than 40 years old as of the nominee submission deadline (June 17, 2019 / birthday must be after June 17, 1979).
- Minimum of BSN or actively enrolled in a BSN program.
- Nurse leader who demonstrates interest in assisting AONL in achieving its objectives.
- AONL staff and board members are not eligible to be nominated.
- Final number of individuals recognized will be determined by the number of submissions but will not exceed 20.
Selection ProcessThe AONL Membership Committee will do a blind review of all nominations and score each nominee with consideration to conflict of interest through a Likert scale, rubric and the noted criteria.
Does not supports AONL’s mission, vision or strategic objectives
Supports AONL’s mission, vision or strategic objectives
Demonstrates exemplary leadership within own organization, community and nursing profession
Exhibits potential as future leader
Serves as a role model to others