The nominees for the Young Professional Voices must meet the required eligibility and the nominators must complete all components of the application.
Nominators need to illustrate how the nominee has demonstrated exemplary leadership through innovation, influence and inclusion. The maximum length for each answer is 200 words.
In addition to the nomination questions, applications must include the nominee’s CV. All nominators and nominees will be informed of the results in Summer 2020.
Young Professional Voices is inclusive of nurses at all levels, titles and organizational settings. Examples include clinical, quality, education, safety, academic and practice-based settings.
- Any nurse leader either in a formal or informal nursing leadership role.
- Has demonstrated exemplary leadership within their organization, community and the nursing profession through innovation, influence and inclusion.
- Exhibits significant potential as a future health care leader and role model.
- Will be less than 40 years old or younger at the start of 2021 (birthday must be after December 31, 1980).
- Minimum of BSN or actively enrolled in a BSN program.
- Nurse leader who demonstrates interest in assisting AONL in achieving its objectives.
- AONL staff and board members are not eligible to be nominated.
- Final number of individuals recognized will be determined by the number of submissions but will not exceed 20.
The AONL Membership Committee will do a blind review of all nominations and score each nominee based on the criteria listed above.