Nominations for the 2023 class are now closed.
The Young Professional Voices program is inclusive of nurses at all levels, titles and organizational settings. Nominees must meet the eligibility requirements and nominators should complete all components of the application.
Nominators must illustrate how the nominee has demonstrated exemplary leadership through innovation, influence and inclusion. The maximum length for each response is 200 words. To enhance the application evaluation and rating, review and incorporate the rubric criteria established by the Membership Committee. For examples and additional guidance, you may review past nominator submission samples and evaluation tips.
In addition to the nomination questions, applications must include the nominee’s CV. All nominators and nominees will be informed of the results in late summer 2022.
Young Professional Voices is inclusive of nurses at all levels, titles and organizational settings. Examples include clinical, quality, education, safety, academic and practice-based settings.
- Any nurse leader either in a formal or informal nursing leadership role.
- Has demonstrated exemplary leadership within their organization, community and the nursing profession through innovation, influence and inclusion.
- Exhibits significant potential as a future health care leader and role model.
- Was born after December 31, 1983 and as such, will be less than 40 years old at the start of 2023.
- Minimum of BSN or actively enrolled in a BSN program.
- Nurse leader who demonstrates interest in assisting AONL in achieving its objectives.
- AONL staff and board members are not eligible to be nominated.
- Final number of individuals recognized will be determined by the number of submissions but will not exceed 20.
The AONL Membership Committee will conduct a blind review of all nominations and score each nominee based on the criteria listed above.