Chicago | February 14, 2019
The American Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE) today announced the inaugural recipients of its new fellow designation program. The AONE fellow designation recognizes a nurse leader’s sustained contributions to the specialty of nursing leadership, commitment to service and influence in shaping health care. AONE will honor the inductees on April 11 at AONE’s Annual Meeting in San Diego.
“The AONE fellow designation reflects achievement at the highest level of nursing leadership practice excellence,” said AONE CEO Robyn Begley, DNP, RN. “I look forward to honoring these 18 nurse leaders and thanking them for their contributions to AONE and the health care field.”
The AONE fellow designation criteria includes AONE membership for seven years, and evidence of contributions to nursing leadership practice and AONE. A committee comprised of appointed volunteers reviewed the applications using pre-established, rigorous and defined standards. The AONE Board then approved the review committee’s selections. AONE will announce the fellow credential at its Annual Meeting in April.
AONE 2019 Class of Fellows:
- Philip Authier, Banner Health, Denver
- Jacalyn Buck, Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, Columbus
- Bob Dent, Midland Memorial Hospital, Texas
- Stuart Downs, WellStar Health System, Atlanta
- Cole Edmonson, AMN Healthcare, Inc., San Diego
- Linda Q. Everett, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland
- Kimberly Glassman, NYU Langone Hospitals, New York
- Cheryl Hoying, Values Coach Inc., South Lebanon, Ohio
- Gay Landstrom, Trinity Health, Livonia, Mich.
- David Marshall, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston
- Marsha Maurer, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston
- Pamela Rudisill, Community Health Systems, Inc., Franklin, Tenn.
- Joan Shinkus Clark, Texas Health Resources, Arlington
- Margie Sipe, MGH Institute of Health Professions, Boston
- Carol Watson, University of Iowa College of Nursing, Iowa City, IA
- Paula Webb, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock
- Patricia Yoder-Wise, The Wise Group, Lubbock, Texas
- Claire M Zangerle, Allegheny Health Network, Pittsburgh