Nurse Leaders’ Survey on Medical Marijuana
AONL and George Washington School of Nursing are collaborating on a national research study about medical marijuana. The purpose of this study is to explore nurse leaders' knowledge of, attitudes towards, and experiences with medical cannabis use among patients. Medical marijuana experience, knowledge, or expertise is not required.
We aim to explore nurse leaders':
- Level of knowledge about medical cannabis as well as their need for training.
- Policies, procedures, and guidelines in nurse leaders' organizations that address the use of medical cannabis.
- Opinions, attitudes, and concerns about the use of medical cannabis among patients.
- Roles and experiences with the use of medical cannabis among patients.
- Basic demographic, professional, and workforce information that will not reveal any personally identifiable information.
Completion of the research survey should not take more than 10 minutes of your time.
Ten subjects who complete and submit responses to the survey will receive an Apple 10.2" 32 GB iPAD ($329 value) based on a random drawing from among all participants. At the conclusion of the survey, you will be directed to a separate page where you will input your name and email so that we can contact you if your name is drawn. Your name and email will not be linked to your survey responses at any point.
Information regarding this study may be obtained by contacting Dr. Ellen T. Kurtzman (PI) at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 994-9439.
Sweepstakes Official Rules & Regulations
“[Medical Cannabis: Are Nurse Leaders Prepared?]” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO NURSE LEADERS WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING GUAM, PUERTO RICO AND ALL OTHER U.S. AND FOREIGN TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS), WHO ARE 20 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL REGULATIONS APPLY.
ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY/RELEASE OF LIABILITY/PRIZE ACCEPTANCE AGREEMENT MAY BE REQUIRED. ONLINE ENTRY ONLY AND INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Medical Cannabis: Are Nurse Leaders Prepared? Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on 07/12/2021 at 9:00 AM Central Standard Time (“CT”) and ends on 12/31/2021 at 11:59 PM CT (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official clock for the Sweepstakes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open to NURSE LEADERS who are legal residents in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or District of Columbia, who are at least 20 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void in Puerto Rico, and all other
3. HOW TO ENTER:
METHOD OF ENTRY: There is one (1) method of entry for this Sweepstakes. To enter, Entrants must complete the Medical Cannabis: Are Nurse Leaders Prepared? Survey (“Survey”) which can be found at
https://cri-datacap.org/surveys/index.php?s=NKHNMN4PH7. Upon completion of the Survey, Entrants will automatically receive one entry into the Sweepstakes and will see a “Thank You” message on the web page to confirm their entry into the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to refuse to accept any entry with content that it deems to be inappropriate.
LIMITS: There is a limit of one (1) entry per person for the Sweepstakes Period. Prizes can only be awarded to the person whose name is listed on the response form. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic or by any other automatic or mechanical means are void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Each Entrant irrevocably grants to Sponsor and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees, the unconditional and perpetual right and permission to reproduce, copy, transmit, publish, post, display, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used), Entrant’s Survey response, in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from you or any other party. Each Entrant represents that it has the right to grant the above rights to Sponsor.
OPT-OUT: For those who have elected to receive emails from Sponsor and no longer wish to receive any further emails from Sponsor, please send an email to the following address with the word REMOVE in the subject line: email@example.com OR send your name, address and email address with the word REMOVE handwritten on a 3x5 card to Sponsor at the following address: AONL, 155 N. Wacker Dr., Ste 400, Chicago, IL, 60606.
4. PRIZES, PRIZE DRAWING, AND ODDS OF WINNING:
PRIZE DRAWING: Prize Drawing will be conducted by Dr. Ellen T. Kurtzman of the School of Nursing, George Washington University (GWU). Administrator’s and Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. There will be a total of 10 individual random Prize Drawings from all eligible entries. Prize Drawings will be conducted on or about 12/31/2021. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Non-winning entries will not carry forward to or be included in subsequent sweepstakes or prize drawings of Sponsor.
PRIZE DETAILS: All Prizes will be awarded, provided more than enough entries have been received. PRIZES WILL BE ACCEPTED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE) AND ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE, AND NO SUBSTITUTION OR CASH EQUIVALENT IS ALLOWED, EXCEPT AT THE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize element. Any depiction of prize in promotional materials is for illustrative purposes only. If a Prize or prize component is unavailable, a Prize or prize component of equal approximate retail value or comparable use will be awarded in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize will be awarded in the name of the Winners. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs associated with acceptance or use of a prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator are final in all respects of the Sweepstakes and no correspondence shall be entered into. The total ARV of all prizes available to be won is: Ten (10) subjects who complete and submit responses to the survey will receive an Apple 10.2" 32 GB iPAD ($329 value) based on a random drawing from among all participants. At the conclusion of the survey, you will be directed to a separate page where you will input your name and email so that we can contact you if your name is drawn. Your email will not be linked to your survey responses at any point. All prizes awarded are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
PRIZE AWARDING: Limit: One (1) Prize per person or household. Only the published number of Prizes stated in these Official Rules will be awarded. No transfers, cash awards, or prize substitutions are permitted, except by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Potential winners will be notified by email. Prize winners will be required to provide a valid shipping and/or travel address, as applicable, and may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and where legal, a publicity release (collectively, the “Affidavit”), and return same, properly executed, within seven (7) days of issuance of notification. If a potential winner cannot be contacted after a reasonable number of attempts; is ineligible according to these Official Rules; fails to provide the required information and/or return the required documents within the specified time period; if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable; or if potential winner otherwise fails to fully comply with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit his/her prize and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner from among all remaining eligible entries received, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Upon disqualification, no compensation will be given. Should a potential winner decide to decline his/her prize for any reason whatsoever, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to that potential winner and an alternate winner will be selected from among all remaining eligible Sweepstakes entries, as applicable. Once the required information and official paperwork are received within the specified time period, verified, and receive final approval by Sweepstakes Entities, then and only then will a potential Sweepstakes winner become an actual winner. Prizes will be fulfilled via shipment of prize to viable address of winner’s choice.
5. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: Proof of transmission of an online registration form (such as a copy of the message in a “sent” or similar folder or a “thank you” screen or message) does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Sponsor of an entry for purposes of this Sweepstakes. By participating, participants agree to comply with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human or printing error in these rules or any promotional materials, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service or Web site, or any other error or malfunction, or any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes, or for late, lost, stolen, illegible or misdirected entries. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If, in the Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of this Sweepstakes, or if any difficulties compromise the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right to void any entries at issue and/or to suspend, modify or cancel, or terminate this Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, at any time without notice and award the prizes in a random drawing from among all non-suspect eligible entries received as of the termination date. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an online entry, online entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is deemed as the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. In the event of time of war, national emergency, accident, dangerous weather conditions, fire, riot, strikes, lock-outs, industrial disputes, acts of terrorism or other matters beyond the Sponsor's reasonable control, Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Sweepstakes. Notice of such action will be posted online at AONL.org. If there is a discrepancy between these Official Rules and any other promotion materials, the Official Rules will control and govern the Sweepstakes. Caution: Any attempt by a participant or any other individual to deliberately damage any wireless or online service or website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and/or other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By accepting a prize, winner consents the use of his/her name, biographical information, including city and state of residence, for promotional purposes by Sponsor, and its designees, including but not limited to the posting of winner’s name on the Sponsor website, in a Winners List, without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law (“Promotions”). All copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights in such Promotions shall be owned by Sponsor or its licensors and winning participants hereby disclaim and waive any claim of right to such Promotions. Such Promotions shall be solely under control of Sponsor or its licensors, and winning recipients hereby waive any claim of control over the Promotions content as well as any possible claims of misuse of winning recipient’s name under contract, tort or any other theory of law. Entrants release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from losses or damages of any kind, including without limitation, death and bodily injury, resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession of the prize resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes. Entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor has not arranged for nor carries any insurance of any kind for the benefit of Entrant or that of Entrant’s heirs, executors and administrators relative to Entrant’s use of the prize awarded to Entrant; and that Entrant is solely responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, accident, automobile, property or other insurance relative to the prize awarded to Entrant.
7. DISPUTES: This Sweepstakes is conducted in English. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with this promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Illinois, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than in Illinois.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
8. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: The parties each agree to finally settle all disputes only through arbitration; provided, however, the Sponsor shall be entitled to seek injunctive or equitable relief in the state and federal courts in
9. WHO WON: For the names of the prize winners, available from 01/02/2022 to 01/31/2022, please access: aonl.org. For names of winners/available after 01/31/2022, send a self-addressed, stamped, envelope, by 03/31/2022, to medical cannabis: are nurse leaders prepared? Sweepstakes winner’s name request, AONL,155 N. Wacker, Ste. 400, Chicago, Il, 60606.
10. SPONSOR: [INSERT NAME AND ADDRESS].
This research is made possible with grant support from the National Council of State Boards of Nursing Center for Regulatory Excellence; GWU IRB #NCR202368