What We Do
The AONL Foundation for Nursing Leadership Research and Education (AONL Foundation) was established in 2010 to support the research and educational priorities of AONL. The AONL Foundation’s activities and programs include grants to fund nursing research projects, financial aid awards for nurse leader continuing education and the annual Nurse Researcher Award, which honors an individual who has made a significant contribution to nursing research and is recognized by the broader nursing community as an outstanding nurse researcher. The AONL Foundation accomplishes its mission through valued support from individuals, foundations and corporations.
To provide resources that create opportunities to bridge science and practice to shape the future of nursing leadership.
A healthier tomorrow advanced through nursing leadership.
Research and Education Focus
The AONL Foundation supports its vision and mission by focusing on:
- Optimizing Leadership Effectiveness
- Achieving Equity in Health Care
- Improving the Health Care Experience
Using the priorities identified in the joint AONL Foundation and Association for Leadership Science in Nursing (ALSN) study Setting the Research Agenda for Nursing Administration and Leadership Science: A Delphi Study:
- Nurses' Health, Well-being, Resilience/Safety in the Workplace.
- Developing and Managing a Nursing Workforce to Meet Current and Future Health Care Needs.
- Healthy Work and Practice Environments for Direct Care Nurses.
- Healthy Work and Practice Environments for Nurse Leaders.
- Quantification of Nursing's Value Across the Health Care Delivery System.
- Nurse Leaders Development and Essential Competencies
Coming soon. Please email to request a copy of the latest Form 990.
AONL Foundation Form 990 - 2019
AONL Foundation Form 990 - 2018
AONL Foundation Form 990 - 2017
AONE Foundation 990 - 2014