Named in honor of AONL CEO Emeritus Pamela Austin Thompson to recognize Pam’s many contributions to the profession of nursing leadership, the Pamela Austin Thompson Fellowship Fund was established to support the AONL Nurse Manager and Nurse Director Fellowship programs and participants.
Thanks to generous support from AONL Foundation donors, the AONL Foundation is proud to offer financial aid for fellowship tuition to nurse leaders from small, rural, or critical access organizations, or diverse backgrounds to participate in the 2024 Nurse Manager or Nurse Director Fellowship programs.
Financial aid application window will be announced in August, 2024. Funds can only be used for Nurse Director and Nurse Manager Fellowship tuition. Selection to the fellowship program does not guarantee receipt of financial aid.
Health Care Organization Eligibility
Priority may be given to applicants whose current organization fits within the criteria described as small, rural or critical access hospital or health care organization.
Your health care organization fits one of the following criteria for a "rural" setting:
- Listing in Rural Health Information Hub’s “Am I Rural” tool: www.ruralhealthinfo.org/am-i-rural.
- Qualifies for either the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Rural Health Clinics Program or the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy’s Grants Programs.
- Has a United States Department of Agriculture/Economic Research Service Rural-Urban Commuting Area (RUCA) code of 10.
- Has a United States Department of Agriculture/Economic Research Service Rural-Urban Continuum Code (RUCC) of 4 or greater.
Your health care organization falls under one the following categories:
- Schools (for a school nurse).
- Long term care organizations.
- Home health care organizations.
- Skilled nursing facilities.
- Community college.
Requirement and Expectations of Pamela Austin Thompson Scholars and their Organizations
Required Application Documents
- About the Foundation +
- Support the Foundation +
- Research +
- Leadership Think Tanks
- Researcher Awards
- Beyond Gratitude
- Nursing Leaders Honor Nursing Leaders
- Honor Roll of Donors
- Corporate Partners
- AONL Fellowship Financial Aid +