Named in honor of AONL CEO Emeritus Pamela Austin Thompson to recognize Pam’s many contributions to the profession of nursing leadership, the Pamela Austin Thompson Fellowship Fund was established to support the AONL Nurse Manager and Nurse Director Fellowship programs and participants.
Thanks to generous support from AONL Foundation donors, the AONL Foundation is proud to offer financial aid for fellowship tuition to nurse leaders from small, rural, or critical access organizations, or diverse backgrounds to participate in the 2024 Nurse Manager or Nurse Director Fellowship programs.
Financial aid packages are available up to $8,500. Funds can only be used for Nurse Director and Nurse Manager Fellowship tuition. Selection to the fellowship program does not guarantee receipt of financial aid.
Health Care Organization Eligibility
Priority may be given to applicants whose current organization fits within the criteria described as small, rural or critical access hospital or health care organization.
- Listing in Rural Health Information Hub’s “Am I Rural” tool: www.ruralhealthinfo.org/am-i-rural.
- Qualifies for either the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Rural Health Clinics Program or the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy’s Grants Programs.
- Has a United States Department of Agriculture/Economic Research Service Rural-Urban Commuting Area (RUCA) code of 10.
- Has a United States Department of Agriculture/Economic Research Service Rural-Urban Continuum Code (RUCC) of 4 or greater.
- Schools (for a school nurse).
- Long term care organizations.
- Home health care organizations.
- Skilled nursing facilities.
- Community college.