Named in honor of AONL CEO Emeritus Pamela Austin Thompson to recognize Pam’s many contributions to the profession of nursing leadership, the Pamela Austin Thompson Fellowship Fund was established to support the AONL Nurse Manager and Nurse Director Fellowship programs and participants.
The AONL Foundation is proud to offer financial aid for fellowship tuition to nurse leaders from small, rural or critical access health care organizations across the care continuum to participate in the Nurse Manager or Nurse Director Fellowships.
Priority may be given to applicants from rural or critical access health care organizations.
Financial aid packages are available up to $8,500. Funds can only be used for Nurse Director and Nurse Manager Fellowship tuition. Selection to the fellowship program does not guarantee receipt of financial aid.
Health Care Organization Eligibility
Applicant's current organization must fit within criteria described as small, rural or critical access hospital or health care organization.
- Listing in Rural Health Information Hub’s “Am I Rural” tool: www.ruralhealthinfo.org/am-i-rural.
- Qualifies for either the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Rural Health Clinics Program or the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy’s Grants Programs.
- Has a United States Department of Agriculture/Economic Research Service Rural-Urban Commuting Area (RUCA) code of 10.
- Has a United States Department of Agriculture/Economic Research Service Rural-Urban Continuum Code (RUCC) of 4 or greater.
- Schools (for a school nurse.
- Long term care organizations.
- Home health care organizations.
- Skilled nursing facilities.
- Community college.
Requirement and Expectations of Pamela Austin Thompson Scholars and their Organizations
Required Application Documents
Financial Aid Application Timeline