Named in honor of AONL CEO Emeritus Pamela Austin Thompson to recognize Pam’s many contributions to the profession of nursing leadership, the Pamela Austin Thompson Fellowship Fund was established to support the AONL Nurse Manager and Nurse Director Fellowship programs and participants.
Thanks to a generous gift from AMN Healthcare, the AONL Foundation is proud to offer financial aid for fellowship tuition and travel to nurse leaders from diverse backgrounds to participate in the 2023 Nurse Manager or Nurse Director Fellowship programs.
Priority may be given to applicants for the Nurse Manager Fellowship program. Additionally, applicants from small, rural or critical access health care organizations across the care continuum may receive priority consideration.
Financial aid packages are available up to $15,000. Funds can only be used for Nurse Director and Nurse Manager Fellowship tuition and travel expenses. Selection to the fellowship program does not guarantee receipt of financial aid.
Health Care Organization Eligibility
Priority may be given to applicants whose current organization fits within the criteria described as small, rural or critical access hospital or health care organization.
- Listing in Rural Health Information Hub’s “Am I Rural” tool: www.ruralhealthinfo.org/am-i-rural.
- Qualifies for either the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Rural Health Clinics Program or the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy’s Grants Programs.
- Has a United States Department of Agriculture/Economic Research Service Rural-Urban Commuting Area (RUCA) code of 10.
- Has a United States Department of Agriculture/Economic Research Service Rural-Urban Continuum Code (RUCC) of 4 or greater.
- Schools (for a school nurse.
- Long term care organizations.
- Home health care organizations.
- Skilled nursing facilities.
- Community college.
Requirement and Expectations of Pamela Austin Thompson Scholars and their Organizations
Required Application Documents
Financial Aid Application Timeline
Financial Aid application due: August 31, 2022 (12:00 pm, noon, Central Time)
Financial Aid evaluated: October 2022
Financial Aid awarded: November 2022